RESGISTRATIONS - INSCRIPCIONES
Stop by the Parish Rectory from 9am to 7pm.
Registrations are $45 per child.
Parents registering their child/children must present a copy of:
- Birth certificate (for all new registrations)
- Baptismal certificate (for all new registrations and those preparing the First Communion)
- First Communion certificate (for those preparing for Confirmation)
Pase por la Rectoría de la parroquia de 9am a 7pm.
Las inscripciones tienen un costo de $45 por niño.
Los padres que inscriban a sus hijo/s tienen que presentar una copia de:
- Certificado de nacimiento (para todos los nuevos inscritos)
- Certificado de bautismo (para todos los nuevos inscritos y los que se preparan para la Primera Comunión)
- Certificado de Primera Comunión (para los que se preparan a la Confirmación)
Catechesis for children and youth
The Catholic Church recognizes that parents are the primary and principal educators of their children, especially in the task of faith formation.
Parish catechetical programs shall assist parents by providing formal, systematic catechesis and sacramental preparation programs. Parents present their children for initiation into the ecclesial community when they request the sacrament of Baptism. This initiation into the Mystical Body of Christ is completed through the sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist. Parents have both a right and a responsibility to be intimately involved in their child's sacramental preparation and reception, and ongoing faith formation. In consultation with the parents and catechists, pastors have the primary role in discerning the child's readiness for sacraments.
Parents have the ultimate responsibility for the catechetical formation of their children. Parents with children attending public or other non-Catholic schools have an obligation to see that their children, elementary through high school, attend parish catechetical sessions, as well as attend Mass each Sunday.
Policies for Parish Catechesis of the Archdiocese of Washington