Baptisms are celebrated on the appointed Saturday at 10:00 am. Parents who want to Baptize their child are required to take one Baptismal Preparation Class. The class will be scheduled after an appointment with one of the priest by calling at (301) 891-3500.
Requirements for Godparents:
Godparents must be practicing Catholics and registered in their Parish.
To be permitted to take on the function of godparent a person must:
1. be designated by the parents of the infant to be baptized, or the person who takes their place, or, in their absence, by the pastor or minister of the sacrament, and have the aptitude and intention of fulfilling this function;
2. have completed the sixteenth year of age, or the pastor or minister of the sacrament has granted an exception for a just cause;
3. be a Catholic who has been confirmed and has already received the most holy sacrament of the Eucharist and who leads a life of faith in keeping with the function to be taken on;
4. not be bound by any canonical penalty legitimately imposed or declared;
5. not be the father or mother of the infant to be baptized.